Save Date! November 25, 2016 at Abbotsford Middle School
Conference: Aboriginal Worldviews and Perspectives in the Classroom
K-12 on the curriculum implementation day.
Keynote by our own Perry Smith at Abby Arts Addition.
We have over 30 workshops to choose from. Teachers that will share ideas and lessons on ways they have embedded aboriginal perspectives in the classroom.
We have local aboriginal teachers and leaders that will share knowledge to help you better understand the aboriginal worldview and enable you to make important connections to the curriculum.
Exhibitors and vendors will have aboriginal resources available for your perusal and purchase.
Registration Opens end of October.
Please stay tuned for registration link…
Goals of the Day:
- To understand the Aboriginal Worldview from the perspective of our local Aboriginal communities.
- To incorporate these views and perspectives into our classrooms in an authentic and respectful way that supports all learners.
- What are my parking options for the event?
Please park at Abbotsford Senior, Godson Elementary and Saint Ann’s Church located just south of Abbotsford MiddleSchool. Parking at Abbotsford Middle School will be reserved for staff and presenters only – thank you.
- Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Registration Questions: Susan Green – 604-859-4891 local 1233. Darlene MacDonald by email (email@example.com) or phone at Aboriginal Education StrongStart Centre at 604-859-1224. Jamie Beck by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone at Abbotsford Middle School at 604-859-7125.
- Do Ihave to bring my printed ticket to the event?Nope – please check in at registration at Abbotsford Arts Centre and pick up your registration tag/ details upon arrival.
- What’s happening for lunch?
Salmon and bannock dinner catered by Sto;lo Catering
- What is the cost of registration?
Early (and free) registration for SD34 staff until November 17th. After November 17th, the cost will be $25.00. Out-of-District participants – cost is $50.00